Are you vegan, lactose-intolerant or just bored with the way your coffee tastes? One way to fix that is to experiment with milk substitutes that might help improve the taste of your daily coffee breaks. We tried some of the most popular milk alternatives so that you don't have to.
Here are 5 milk alternatives that you can add to your flavoured coffee for some different and exciting flavours in your cup of coffee -
1. Almond Milk - A great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant, almond milk is an extremely popular choice. It's a smooth liquid which adds a slightly nutty flavour to your coffee. Almonds are one of the healthiest nuts that you can eat. They are packed with essential vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, manganese, calcium as well as Vitamins A, B and E. Similarly, almond milk is equally healthy.
It has 4 times less fat than cow's milk, fewer calories, no unsaturated fat, no lactose and absolutely no cholestrol. Natural unsweetened almond is milk has a thin consistency and is slightly tart. It has a distinctive nutty flavour, which dramatically increases when added to your instant coffee. This works exceptionally well with our flavoured arabica coffee which is freeze-dried.
2. Oat Milk - Oat milk is one of the newer 'up and coming' milk substitutes that people are slowly switching over to. Not only does oat milk taste delicious, it also has several health benefits that fitness bloggers can't stop raving about. It's basically a combination of oats and water, but it has the same amount of calories that are present in regular milk, but it contains about half the fat that is present in regular milk. It's a great milk substitute if you're looking for something healthy with a sweeter taste.
3. Soy Milk - It is made by soaking dry soybeans before grinding them in water. It is among the popular milk alternatives not only because it's incredibly delicious, but also because it's easily accessible and affordable. Soy milk also happens to be an excellent source of protein, potassium, vitamins K, D, B2, B12 and other nutrients.
It's high in protein and unsweetened soy milk contains very little sugar. It has lesser calories in contrast to cow's milk, which makes it great option for those who are trying to lose weight. Soy milk has a mild nutty flavour, which complements your coffee very well. An important thing to note is that soy milk can be quite creamy which makes it a popular alternative for dairy milk.
4. Cashew Milk - Another plant-based milk alternative for coffee is cashew milk. Made in the same way as almond milk, cashews are crushed and blended with water, which produces milk that is low in calories, fat, has no sugar or saturated fat and is lactose-free. Cashew milk is sweet, creamy and lends flavour to whichever instant flavoured coffee it is added to. It enhances and elevates the flavour of the freeze-dried arabica coffee that it is added to.
5. Coconut Milk - Coconut milk is made by blending shredded coconut and straining the liquid with a cloth. It's a delicious milk that is high in fat and natural sugars which makes it the perfect choice for coffee drinkers who want a creamy and indulgent cup of coffee.
Although coconut milk contains vitamins B, C, and E, along with calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, it also contains a lot of fat and calories. However, the high fat content of coconut milk makes it the perfect ingredient to make incredibly creamy instant flavoured coffee of all types. Coconut milk blends really well with 100% arabica instant coffee and gives it a sweet chocolate flavour.
However, some of you may be concerned that using plant-based milk alternatives might not give you the same frothy texture that you witness in your regular dairy milk. Don't worry, we've got that covered. Our Country Bean Milk Frother works incredibly well all types of milk. Whether it's regular animal milk, or plant-based milk, the milk frother yields the frothiest and creamiest results. All you have to do is fill the frother jug halfway with milk. Plunge rapidly for 30 seconds or until nice and frothy. Add your frothy milk to your cappuccinos, lattes, mochas etc.
Milk Frother + Hazelnut Coffee
FEATURED IN THE EXPERIENCE Looking to upgrade the coffee at home? Our milk frother and hazelnut coffee combo will help you make café-like lattes, frappés and cappuccinos at home in minutes. DESCRIPTION Bring café-quality froth to your kitchen. Easily create… "read more"